Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Put the guard down

So after my final is done tomorrow at 11am I will officially have an end to my college lifestyle. After graduation from NDNU I have had a couple of part time jobs that were just a temporary solution to my money problems.  As of now, once I am done with school I will be working full-time at a more permanent job. The feeling is a bit surreal and confusing.  On one side I am very excited to have the opportunity to have a full time job in my field, but on the other I can't help but to worry that I am growing up to fast. That now is the last chance I have to be able to go on outrageous adventures, spur of the moment road trips, etc before I establish my comfort zone and get settled into my work routine. I just don't want to look back on my life in ten years and be upset that I didn't take advantage of life and live it while I was young. Up to this point I have done a more than adequate job of living life to fullest and taking advantage of every opportunity that presented itself to me, but now I am at a standstill.  I am at the crossroads between adolescence and adulthood, and have been for quite sometime. I am longing for an adventure to somewhere I have never been. Not like a little weekend getaway of sorts, but more along the lines of a temporary/permanent relocation. Because since I moved back home I find that the people that I was close with in the past still associate me with who I was 5 even 10 years ago, and to be honest I am not even close to the same person. Maybe relocation is the answer or maybe the answer is just to feel comfortable in my own shoes.
I have experienced the Bay Area, which up to this point in my life was the best four years of my life and I constantly have the urge to get up and move right back to the Bay. The best thing about the Bay area is the diversity. Utah has none and it just gives me the overall feeling that everybody is the same and following the societal norms.  The societal norms are not as unique as the Bay Area, to be honest there are no societal norms in the Bay Area, and that's what makes it great.  There is no expected way to live your life or expected routine that you must follow. The lifestyle in the Bay promotes individuality and accepts anything and everybody. I felt more comfortable with who was when I was living on my own in SF than I ever have before. Now I don't know if the problem is my location in Utah, or if i myself am just at a crossroad that is distracting me to feel comfortable with what I am doing. But when it is all said and done I need to stop questioning myself and just do me! I've had a rough time settling to life moving back in with my mom in Utah, but I will figure it out soon enough.
On a better note this 311 song inspired this rant:http:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTjtJDZomw



-Just Do You!

No comments:

Post a Comment